Saturday, December 11, 2010

Reiki for Menstrual Cramps

The medical term for menstrual cramps is dysmenorrhea.  The pain ranges from dull to debilitating in intensity, and leaves some women bedridden for a few days each month. The causes of abdominal cramps may vary, so it's important to seek a medical diagnosis if your monthly cramps are frequent and severe. Menstrual cramps may be felt in the lower abdomen, lower back and thigh areas.  Some women experience sudden perspiration, nausea, vomiting, a light-headed feeling and loose stools. This blogger believes every physical condition is a manifestation of something on a spiritual and emotional level. Internationally acclaimed spiritual teacher, Marianne Williamson, says a probable cause of menstrual problems may be rejection of one's femininity, guilt, fear, or a belief that the genitals are sinful or dirty.

According to the Mayo Clinic, menstrual cramps occur when the uterus contracts as it works to expel its lining.  During this process the body produces hormone-like substances called prostaglandins. Higher levels of prostaglandins trigger pain and inflammation and are associated with more severe menstrual cramps.

Because Reiki is pure energy, it works well with any medical treatment plan. It will not interfere with your doctor's orders and can be used safely and effectively while taking over-the-counter and prescription drugs.

A Reiki therapy session for the relief of menstrual cramps will bring relief. Some clients feel better within the first few minutes.  Reiki is equally effective whether performed in person (hands on) or from a distance. During the session I may, with the permission of the client, call upon Archangel Raphael and any of the client's ancestral and spiritual guides to assist in the healing. Body scanning and a pendulum may be used to identify energy blocks for my own information as a healer. I do not attempt to direct energy as it is completely intuitive and knows where to go and in what quantities for the highest good of the client. If guided to do so, I may channel green light energy with an intent to address the direct cause of the cramps.

Of the thousands of products available for the relief of menstrual cramps, my two favorites are Menstrual Cramp and Abdominal Oil by Dherbs and Queen Afua's Womens Life Formula VII.  I've used both with great results and I've been recommending them to clients for many years.

A healing exercise you can do for menstrual cramps is to lie comfortably with the palms of your hands on your abdomen.  Take slow, deep, rhythmic breaths.  Be aware of your breath and clear your mind. Imagine green light raining gently over your entire body.  Visualize healing energy flowing through your palms. Do this for 3-4 minutes with a clear mind.  You can follow with this affirmation by Marianne Williamson:  I accept my full power as a woman and accept all my bodily processes as normal and natural.  I love and approve of myself.


Feel free to comment on this post.  I am particularly interested in feedback on remedies recommended in this blog. As always, I wish you love, light and happy healing.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this . . . I appreciate any help with this painful problem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, I hope these remedies help you experience future menses with ease and grace. Thank you for reading my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked your blog a lott,i found your blog today and i was glad that i did, because your articles have made up a big impression on me. thx for posting these helpfull informations. smiles
    reiki
    reiki attunement
    meditation
    chakra
    manifestation
    learn reiki healing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for this! My cramps have slowly gotten worse over the months and I am doubled over in pain from this. A quick Google search led me to your blog. I'm going to do the exercise and keep reading your blog when I'm done and feel tremendously better. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We tried to get pregnant for a few years in a local clinic. There were no results. We've tried everything possible but nothing. We were recommended to use donor eggs. I know we have to try herbal made medicine. I was terrified. I didn't know how to go about it and where to begin my search. When my friend recommended me to Dr Itua herbal medicine in Western African. I thought she was joking. I knew nothing about that country and I was afraid  with shame I must say I thought it was a little bit...wild? Anyway she convinced me to at least check it out. I've done the research and thought that maybe this really is a good idea. Dr Itua has reasonable prices. Also it has high rates of successful treatments. Plus it uses Natural Herbs. Well I should say I was convinced. My Husband gave it a try and now we can say it was the best decision in our lives. We were trying for so long to have a child and suddenly it all looked so simple. The doctors and staff were so confident and hopeful they projected those feelings on me too. I am so happy to be a mother and eternally thankful to Dr Itua  and Lori My Dear Friend. Don’t be afraid and just do it! Try Dr itua herbal medicine today and sees different in every situation.Dr Itua Contact Info...Whatsapp+2348149277967/drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Dr Itua have cure for the following diseases.All types of cancer,Liver/Kidney inflammatory,Fibroid,Infertility.Herpes Virus Hiv/Aids, ALS, Parkinson, Hepatitis,Diabetes..

    ReplyDelete